Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bloomers=Clown pants

I hesitate to say this, I would like to think highly of Heather Ross and the book that she poured a lot of time and energy into. However, I've made the bloomers. They look like clown pants (or shorts, I guess) when I put them on Charlie.

IMG_4827

This morning Nate told Charlie he was going to start calling them her Shakespeare pants!

IMG_4832

Now I'm trying to decide if I should attempt to fix them, or just go with it as she's only supposed to wear them around the house. There's just a lot of excess fabric that makes her look silly, not cute. I'll probably just try to shorten the leg on the ones I haven't completely sewn up yet and call it good. If I'm going to steal time to sew, I'd rather spend it on something better than bloomers!

And now I know better for next time!


******(5/7/2009) I've been looking at this blog and have been wondering what it would look like if I just took the elastic out of the pant legs. . .I might have to change the profile a little, but it may be a good solution, especially since I can easily put in a waistband without finishing the leg to find out!

3 comments:

  1. I like them,,, could you put a dart on the side??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few plans, just not sure it's worth the time and effort. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, that is one BEAUTIFUL clown you have there!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails