Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I've become obsessed, again.

About 8 years ago I often found myself sitting in bookstores, drinking coffee and pouring over magazines. At the time, a favorite was Rolling Stone. Coldplay's song Yellow had recently hit the radio with great success and in my readings that day I found a very small blurb about them and a band that they themselves loved: Elbow.

I love discovering new music, so I quickly headed over to the music department of the bookstore and bought up the disc. I loved it right away! Mellow and moody. Only a select few even knew about them. Amongst my musician friends, I felt like I was the owner of a rare jem.

Sometime in the last year and a half, I got ahold of their two latest albums, but for whatever reason, never really listened to them even though I would listen to the first. Then a few weeks ago, Meg at Whatever posted a video of this band and song that has been her favorite for the last 3 months. I was surprised to find that it was Elbow and even more shocked that someone, from no-where Kansas no-less (sorry Meg!), knew about them!!!

After listening to the song she had posted, I quickly opened my iTunes and started playing the 2 albums that had been sitting dormant on my computer. I couldn't believe that I had had this at my disposal for so long and hadn't even bothered to listen to it. Needless to say, I am hooked, again. Especially to this song. Sort of an anthem to start your day.



It's looking like a beautiful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails