Monday, November 1, 2010

Serious Mom FAIL.

Saturday was supposed to be day two of our fun-filled Halloween weekend.

Only I screwed up.

Big Time.

One of Big Sister's classmate's was having a birthday party today at a bounce house gym. I seriously LOVE them. Probably almost as much as the girls do. Completely looking forward to it.

We left the house a little before 11:30 (our goal was 11:30. Score for us!!) because we still needed to buy a gift & have lunch. We ate at Chick-fil-A — I also LOVE that place. Can you get fast food that less processed and has such amazing service???? Then we ran to Target and Big picked out a gift. We got to the site of the party a few minutes before 1.

EARLY FOR ONCE!!!
I have to admit, I was feeling very proud of myself & oh-so-put-together.
I even remembered AND had the little waver form filled out already.

I told the lady at the desk we were there for the Avery birthday party.
She had no idea what I was talking about.

I pulled out my invitation.

The party was at 10 am.
NOT 1 pm.

OMG!!!!!!

For a moment, please put yourself in my shoes.
I was incredibly disappointed that we missed the party and incredibly disappointed in myself.
AND I had to explain to a 2 & 3 year old that the party at the bounce house that we'd been talking about for 3 weeks. . .well, we missed it.
And it was all my fault.
PLUS, we were AT the bounce house.
And we had to leave because they're booked with birthday parties on the weekends. So I couldn't even make it up to them and just go play.

I really don't think it gets much worse than that.

xoxo Lori Danelle

10 comments:

  1. ughhhhh. i'm sorry. i hate that, i really do. and sadly, i have done something very similar before myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that so sounds like something I would have done. In fact I might have

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-( awww that is a SAD story!! Gutted for you guys - and telling your kids is even worse! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double bummer!
    Good intentions. Honest mistake.
    Live and learn, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done the EXACT same thing with bounce party that Abby was invited too, except I had the completely wrong day!!! At least you were in the ballpark. It feels terrible doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, definitely not my shining moment!

    Thanks all!! If only my 3-year old were so forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...I hate when that happens...
    It happened to me once, and my friend and I missed on a Robbie Williams concert :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, don't beat yourself up over it. They will forgive you! We all have done similar things too.

    Tressa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like crying for all of you. I so remember those awful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, it happens to all of us at one time or another and if this is the biggest mom-fail you have had, you are going great.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails